Thank you for the release! cheers

triny

« Written » : 20
« Here since » : 2012-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ore ga Akuma de, Aitsu ga Yome de [chapter 8.5]

Post  Narusaiku on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:15 am

Thank you guys! I've been stalking this manga ever since i read it for the first time..Keep up the awesome works.. Wink
Narusaiku

« Written » : 1
« Here since » : 2012-08-01
« Age » : 23
« Home » : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mimir on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:51 am

*delurks*

First of all I wanted to thank all of you for picking up this manga.
The cleans are much, much better now. Yay for no more over-leveling and leaving the borders in! Very Happy

With the risk of sounding like an ungrateful ass, I have a couple of questions concerning the translations, like the masked demon's name. Isn't it written as 第一 ? As far as I can see from the RAWs the hiragana is also „Daiichi“, so I'm confused about the „Daiiro“.

My other question concerns the next speech bubble of that Frankenstein!dude. I noticed that you changed some of the jokes in the earlier chapters like the one about Dys*n and Harry P*tter. Do you deliberately leave them out (as well as the „loli joke“ in this chapter)?

I'm sorry if I come off as ungrateful. I really appreciate the work you do and I know what a pain in the neck translating is, since I translate every chapter of this manga for my personal masochistic needs pleasure and know that some of the lines break my brain are tricky. (like the „DT-kun“ part in chapter 7 or that horrible, horrible shepherd's purse line in this chapter.)

So once again, thank you all for your work and I'm already looking forward to your release of the 9th chapter.
mimir

« Written » : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gilgamesh on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:02 am

first I want to say: COOL BANNER up there!
and I like the new layout! Very Happy

thank you so much for your hardwork! Very Happy
gilgamesh

« Written » : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reluck+ on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:59 pm

mimir wrote:*delurks*

The cleans are much, much better now. Yay for no more over-leveling and leaving the borders in! Very Happy

With the risk of sounding like an ungrateful ass, I have a couple of questions concerning the translations, like the masked demon's name. Isn't it written as 第一 ? As far as I can see from the RAWs the hiragana is also „Daiichi“, so I'm confused about the „Daiiro“.

My other question concerns the next speech bubble of that Frankenstein!dude. I noticed that you changed some of the jokes in the earlier chapters like the one about Dys*n and Harry P*tter. Do you deliberately leave them out (as well as the „loli joke“ in this chapter)?

I'm sorry if I come off as ungrateful. I really appreciate the work you do and I know what a pain in the neck translating is, since I translate every chapter of this manga for my personal masochistic needs pleasure and know that some of the lines break my brain are tricky. (like the „DT-kun“ part in chapter 7 or that horrible, horrible shepherd's purse line in this chapter.)

So once again, thank you all for your work and I'm already looking forward to your release of the 9th chapter.
Hello mimir,

The best reply I can come up with was that no, it was not deliberately left out, but as you said, the translations can be tricky. Sometimes thing may get lost in translation, or maybe the translator changed the lines a little.
Perhaps you would like to help with things like these in future chapters?(:
Reluck+
Admin

« Written » : 202
« Here since » : 2012-05-09
« Age » : 24
« Home » : Canada

View user profile http://raynsandlele.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  qualiaoflife on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:59 pm

mimir wrote:*delurks*

Hi!
I'm the translator. I'm really sorry if my translations are off! >< I'm not super good at translating and I'm definitely not good at reading Kanji and Japanese slang. I just translate it into what I understand.... Laughing

I don't even know what lines you are referring to...haha What's the Dys*n and Harry P*tter? What chapter was that?
OOH. I just re-read that chapter of the Daiichi thingy. I read the hiragana of "chi" as "ro" cause it was so blurry... T___T OTL
I apologize.

Take up ReLuck+'s suggestion! Why don't you sign up to be a translator here?
qualiaoflife

« Written » : 42
« Here since » : 2012-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mimir on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Reluck+ wrote:Hello mimir,

The best reply I can come up with was that no, it was not deliberately left out, but as you said, the translations can be tricky. Sometimes thing may get lost in translation, or maybe the translator changed the lines a little.
Perhaps you would like to help with things like these in future chapters?(:
Hey Reluck+,
sure, I would like to help out with my nitpicking. Smile

qualiaoflife wrote:Hi!
I'm the translator. I'm really sorry if my translations are off! >< I'm not super good at translating and I'm definitely not good at reading Kanji and Japanese slang. I just translate it into what I understand.... Laughing

I don't even know what lines you are referring to...haha What's the Dys*n and Harry P*tter? What chapter was that?
OOH. I just re-read that chapter of the Daiichi thingy. I read the hiragana of "chi" as "ro" cause it was so blurry... T___T OTL
I apologize.

Hello qualiaoflife!

Please, don't apologize. I have to say, that I quite like your translations and anyone can make mistakes. ^_^ The furigana being blurry and the raws itself being not that big, aren't of any help either. And everyone who ever attempted to study Japanese knows that kanji are teh EBIL. >: |

I was referring to these pages here: Dyson.
In the raw Uika uses „more amazing than Dyson“ or „Dys*n“ since it's censored. When I first saw this I thought that maybe it was a regional thing and not all people know of the Dyson vacuum cleaners, but then I read this page here and was a little surprised. It's one of my favourite jokes and one of the reasons I like this manga, are its references to pop culture. In the fourth panel Anzam says: „In the cupboard under the stairs? Am I Harry Potter!?“
In the raw the name Potter is censored as „P*tter“, again. But I guess that was before you officially translated this series.
I couldn't come up with a reason for the change, that's why I asked about it in my first post.

I would've signed up as a translator for this series, but I'm not confident in my Japanese. I need someone to proofread my translations. Long story short: I suck. ^_^''
mimir

« Written » : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  qualiaoflife on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:05 am

qualiaoflife wrote:Hi!

I apologize.

Hello qualiaoflife!

Please, don't apologize. I have to say, that I quite like your translations and anyone can make mistakes. ^_^ The furigana being blurry and the raws itself being not that big, aren't of any help either. And everyone who ever attempted to study Japanese knows that kanji are teh EBIL. >: |

I was referring to these pages here: Dyson.
In the raw Uika uses „more amazing than Dyson“ or „Dys*n“ since it's censored. When I first saw this I thought that maybe it was a regional thing and not all people know of the Dyson vacuum cleaners, but then I read this page here and was a little surprised. It's one of my favourite jokes and one of the reasons I like this manga, are its references to pop culture. In the fourth panel Anzam says: „In the cupboard under the stairs? Am I Harry Potter!?“
In the raw the name Potter is censored as „P*tter“, again. But I guess that was before you officially translated this series.
I couldn't come up with a reason for the change, that's why I asked about it in my first post.

I would've signed up as a translator for this series, but I'm not confident in my Japanese. I need someone to proofread my translations. Long story short: I suck. ^_^''[/quote]

oh wait lol yeah i wasn't the one who translated this chapter. But I think you're Japanese is pretty good anyway and we're short in staff so you should try it out anyway! Maybe we can work together and I can proofread your translations ^^ Trust me, it's good practice for your Nihonggo to be in this business Cool
qualiaoflife

« Written » : 42
« Here since » : 2012-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down